We do a lot of remote control of several subsystems in the house via our control systems. Today I'm not talking about that though.
Today I was in Home Depot and I saw this for $249. If all you're looking for is remote access to your heating and air system, you should definitely take a look at the Nest thermostat.
Don't want to be wasting energy heating or cooling your home all day? Want the ability to adjust any time, on your way home, on the way back from vacation via your smart phone?
Here are the full specs and features, Enjoy:
Meet the next generation thermostat. The Nest Learning Thermostat doesn’t need to be programmed — it remembers the temperature you set to build a personalized schedule. Nest turns itself down when you’re away to help save energy and you can change the temperature from anywhere using your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Auto-Schedule - No more confusing programming. Nest learns the temperatures you like and programs itself.
- Auto-Away - Nest automatically turns itself down when you’re away to avoid heating or cooling an empty home.
- Nest Leaf - The Nest Leaf appears when you turn Nest to a temperature that's energy efficient. It guides you in the right direction.
- Energy History - See when heating and cooling were on and what affected your energy use.
- Remote control - Connect Nest to Wi-Fi to change the temperature from your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Auto-Tune - Auto-Tune finds ways to automatically lower your energy bill will keeping you comfortable. It enables two Nest features: Rush Hour Rewards and Seasonal Savings.
- System Match - Get the most out of your high–efficiency system. Nest turns on specific features for forced air, heat pump or radiant to help you save energy and stay comfortable.
- Sunblock - In many homes the thermostat is in direct sunlight, causing it to warm up. Nest automatically adapts to direct sunlight to read and set the right temperature.
- Nest will optimize itself for you and your system